I’ve been writing and thinking too much about baseball lately, so I’ll pause merely to reflect on the fact that A.J. Burnett had another flaky night and Chase Utley hit his 5th homer of the World Series (tieing Reggie Jackson’s all-time record) as the Phillies overcame the Yankees by 8-6 last night. So, it’s Game 6 on Wednesday back in The Bronx, with – presumably – Andy Pettitte doing the pitching for the Yankees. It would be great to be there, but I don’t think I’ll follow the lead of the Phillies fan who implied in a ‘Personals’ ad that she would trade sex for World Series tickets (and got caught by the Feds). It’s not that I’m not that desperate, more that I’m not that confident…
- Listening to John Martyn.....
- Listening to....Traffic (1968 & 1970 versions)
- Listening to....Hope Sandoval & the Warm Inventions....
- Watching....'Cadillac Records'
- The enduring impact of T.E.Lawrence.....
- Fleetwood Mac: Future Games (Part Two, 1970-1975)
- Listening to the Nyckelharpa
- Listening to The Blue Nile
- Watching......'Tideland' (2005)
- 208,581 hits