I’ve been writing and thinking too much about baseball lately, so I’ll pause merely to reflect on the fact that A.J. Burnett had another flaky night and Chase Utley hit his 5th homer of the World Series (tieing Reggie Jackson’s all-time record) as the Phillies overcame the Yankees by 8-6 last night. So, it’s Game 6 on Wednesday back in The Bronx, with – presumably – Andy Pettitte doing the pitching for the Yankees. It would be great to be there, but I don’t think I’ll follow the lead of the Phillies fan who implied in a ‘Personals’ ad that she would trade sex for World Series tickets (and got caught by the Feds). It’s not that I’m not that desperate, more that I’m not that confident…
- Listening to Pete Townshend
- Football at the sharp end...continued...
- Burning down the house....
- Watching.....Van Morrison
- The enduring impact of T.E.Lawrence.....
- Kerala (Part 3) - North to Fort Cochin
- An Englishman abroad.....
- Listening to 'Exile on Main Street' (2010 Version)
- Art and artifice: 'Edge of Darkness' (1985/2010)
- Listening to Earth, Wind & Fire
- 206,318 hits